Sunday, March 14, 2010

Workshop and Teen Pageant Weekend!






Wow - what an amazing weekend in Jackson! It was so great to see all of my Miss Tennessee sisters in the city where all of the excitement happens! It's always fun to meet all of the contestants, especially this year with so many new faces! The weekend began with a meeting on Friday night with my director and Paige from Joann's. We got some great wardrobe ideas together...Paige you truly have an eye for picking out the right stuff! Saturday began bright and early with the 2010 Miss Tennessee Workshop. I was so thrilled to be called first in the lottery for line-up. The past two years I have been toward the end, so I can only thank God for my lucky drawing this year! Each year, workshop weekend continues to amaze me. Meeting the other thirty-five contestants who each have such a strong drive and passion for this program is such an inspiration. I can't wait to get to know everyone a little better throughout the year and especially at Miss Tennessee week in June. After a long day at workshop we headed over to the Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen/Teen Princess Pageant. The level of talent in some of the teens was truly amazing! Congratulations to Miss Tennessee's Outstanding Teen 2010, Maggie Belew and Miss Tennessee's Teen Princess 2010, Channing Simmons. I'm sure that these girls will be strong contenders for the Miss Tennessee Crown in the future! I am excited for the next step in the journey toward Miss Tennessee week and the future steps in my year of service as Miss Rhythm of Nashville. This week kicks off my spring break. After a little bit of down time, I'm headed back to Nashville for some more pageant prep and an appearance at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. It is always empowering to take a moment to step back and recognize the positive impact that our program has on such a worthwhile cause, the Children's Miracle Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment